Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finally! Ron's review of The Human Centipede!

For those who missed the first part of this post - the dinner and my review - here's the linky! Part One of The Human Centipede

And now - Ron's much anticipated review of The Human Centipede (First Sequence).

How many times have you caught yourself saying, "That guys deserves to have his mouth sewn to a truckers asshole." Well that's how the writer/director came up with the idea for this story according to his commentary.

I love a good gross-out movie, and this one did not disappoint. If you've read the synopsis, you know this is the story of an insane/talented surgeon who sews three people together by way of their anus' to their oral cavities. Now, typically, I never condone going ass to mouth, but in this case I'm all for it.

This movie starts as your formula slasher film. Really stupid hotties making some equally intelligent decisions only to become trapped in the clutches of a maniac. What separates this movie is the hilarious yet creative surgery they are put through. A plus for the flow of the story line is that you don't have to wait until the end of the movie to see the created monster. You get it about 20 minutes in and then the rest of the time you anxiously squirm over everything that goes with it. Once the beast is created the movie takes a twist and mainly focuses on the psychological effects of mutilation, humiliation, and domination.

I found the plot to not be overly generic as is the problem with most horror films. It had a few twists and a lot of me screaming, "What the fuck are you doing you stupid bitch?! Get out of there!" I especially liked the conversations this movie provoked between Dani and I - like which spot in the totem poll would you most like or dislike to be in and why, or how much pressure you think you would have to hold in your mouth so the guy in front of you can't take a dump in it. I, personally, could talk about poop all day, but I'd like to keep the few followers we have so far.

So, without further a-doodoo, I gave this movie 3.6 out of 5 because it made me scream, squirm, and think... All with a shit-eating grin on my face (sorry - I swear that's the last one). As for how f'd up you need to be for this one, it's a light-hearted and fun horror movie; get your friends together with a 12 pack and break out the bubbler.

Thanks everyone and we'll be back tomorrow with Julien Donkey-Boy.
Cheers!
Dani and Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, suggestion or comment? Let us know!